August 31, 2014

Introducing my new website!


Curtain call following Baltimore premiere
of my work Katie Luther: the Opera
I've been composing and arranging music for around two dozen years now. For most of my life I thought of myself as a pianist, not a composer. But nerve damage to my left hand has sidelined my keyboard career, and the list of my works has been growing rapidly the past few years.

When I look in the mirror these days, I'm amazed to see a composer looking back. Not a "great" composer, mind you; not a "master"; not an "immortal". Nope, not me.

Hoo-BOY, am I mortal!!

But a composer nonetheless. So I'm proud to share with you now the launching of a new website featuring and promoting my compositions. You can find it at http://glennwinterscompositions.com. You are herewith invited to visit anytime.

There you'll find:

  • Lists of my operas, choral & other vocal works, and instrumental works;
  • A schedule of performance dates and locations;
  • Audio samples
  • A gallery of photos
  • Testimonials from musicians
  • Contact information
I'll continue to add material and update the site as new engagements and projects emerge, but in the meantime, we're LIVE, baby!

Now, the 2014-2015 Virginia Opera season will be off and running in about a month, which means my posts about our productions will begin next week. I've got a LOT of cool insights about Sondheim's Sweeney Todd: the Demon Barber of Fleet Street to share. 

Til then, enjoy my website - bookmark it and share the link with music-lovers. And thanks!

5 comments:

  1. It's great that you came to the conclusion that having a website is a way to communicate with your audience. While blogs are good, they could be limited in scope. With a website, you can dictate what content you want to put in -- from simple announcements, to video clips and audio samples. As a composer, having a place where people can check your work easily is important. The easier people can contact you, the more your content could be shared along by audiophiles. Good luck!

    Della Meyer @ Spark Local Marketing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your website launch! This should make it easier for your followers to get updates about your compositions. Anyway, your new website is good, but I think the layout can still use some work. You can add some tabs and buttons for quick navigation to the other pages, and also to maximize the space on your header/banner area. That way, you can give them a glimpse on what your website has in store. Good luck!

    Chris Hatcher @ Red Stick SEO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Launching a website is an excellent marketing strategy on your part. With a website to share your samples and testimonials from other musicians, it would be easier to vouch for your competence to prospective clients. Thus, it can pave the way and you get an opportunity to establish yourself in the field. Good luck with your future endeavors!

    Russell Beck @ 5 Star Brand

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have done an amazing job! I wish I was that clever. I run a writing workshop and when I decided to set up a website, I had to enlist the help of a digital marketing company. They set the website up and help to keep the site up to date. It takes a lot of pressure off me.

    Regina Morales @ Sonic Response

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a pianist and find it interesting you've made the transition from pianist to composer, all be it in circumstances forced upon you. Classically trained musicians aren't natural born composers, due to the rigorous training and dependance on a repertoire from sheet music. Composing's a talent that musicians can develop, which is clearly what you've done. I'll visit your website!

    Roman Walsh @ Your Firm Every Where Now

    ReplyDelete