You can enroll for one of Glenn's ten lifelong learning classes. Glenn's popular course "Understanding Opera" is sponsored by colleges and universities throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia. Classes scheduled for Fall, 2018 include the following (click on the links to go to any program's website for more information):
- Christopher Newport University's Lifelong Learning Society. Meets Thursdays from 2:30-3:45 PM for five consecutive weeks beginning September 6, 2018 at the Yoder Barn Theater, Newport News.
- The College of William and Mary's Christopher Wren Association. Meets Thursdays from 9:30-11:30 AM for three consecutive weeks beginning September 13, 2018 at the Sadler Center,Williamsburg.
- Old Dominion University's Institute for Learning in Retirement. Meets for two classes beginning August 29, 2018 from 1:00-3:00 PM at the Higher Education Center, Virginia Beach.
- The University of Richmond's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute. Meets Wednesdays from 1:00-3:00 PM for three consecutive weeks beginning September 18, 2018
- The Lifelong Learning Institute of Chesterfield. Meets Tuesdays from 11:00 AM-12:30 PM for three consecutive weeks beginning September 11, 2018 in Midlothian.
- The University of Virginia's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute. Meets Fridays from 11:00 AM-1:00 PM for three consecutive weeks beginning September 7, 2018 at Homewood Suites by Hilton in Charlottesville.
- George Mason University's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute. Meets Mondays from 2:15-3:45 PM for four consecutive weeks beginning September 17 in Fairfax.
- The Lifetime Learning Institute of Northern Virginia. Meets Mondays from 10:00 AM-12:00 PM for three consecutive weeks beginning September 17 at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale.
- The Lifelong Learning Institute of Manassas. Meets Wednesdays from 10:30 AM-12:00 PM for two classes beginning (TBA) in Manassas.
- The Encore Learning program at Paul D. Camp Community College will offer single classes for the final two productions of the season, dates TBA
- Don't want to enroll for a classroom experience? Glenn will come to your group. Each season, dozens of organizations ask Glenn to share his special insights about opera as a guest speaker, including:
- Church groups
- Book study clubs
- High school music or theater students
- Music clubs
- Men's or Women's clubs
- Civic League groups
- Retirement communities
- Academic societies
- and many more!
Going to a performance of Virginia Opera? Make a point to arrive 45 minutes prior to curtain time to hear Glenn's brilliant Opera Up Close pre-curtain lectures. Opera Up Close is presented at each performance, whether at the Harrison Opera House in Norfolk, the Carpenter Theater in Richmond, or the Center for the Performing Arts on the GMU campus in Fairfax. Don't miss this opportunity to enhance your opera-going enjoyment!
Operation Opera is on the air! Glenn is proud of his partnerships with local public radio stations. Again this year, his hour-long broadcast previews of Virginia Opera productions will be featured on WHRO 90.3 FM at 90.3 in Norfolk and WCVE 88.9 FM in Richmond. Listen live on your radio, via streaming audio at your computer, or anytime as a podcast.
Follow Glenn on Twitter! You'll find him on the Twittersphere as @operaglenn. You never know what he'll be tweeting about - it might be opera, food, or even sports!